Sunday, November 24, 2013

Dr. Who and More Plates

Today has been a pretty good day.  I think I can sum it up in three words:  New Dr. Who.  The 50th anniversary episode of Dr. Who came on yesterday as a simulcast, but I put off watching it so I could watch it with my friend Jamie today.  I went over to her house and we crafted and watched the episode.




It was ah-freakin'-mazing.  There was just so much going on.  The jokes, the past references, the plot, the insanely good looking doctors.  It is on the DVR and I think I'll watch it again tomorrow to make sure I caught everything.  The new monster/villain was cool too.  I like that they didn't update the Zygons.  It makes sense to update the Cybermen because technology has changed and they should look as up to date as possible, but when your alien is basically a pink slimy guy with suckers, you don't need to update that to make it translate.  Even Josh, who isn't super into Dr. Who, said it was probably the best episode he had ever seen.  The tie in to Elizabeth I which had been referenced so often was great!

We also crafted.  I made some more plates.  They turned out pretty well.  I'll be interested to see how they stand up to being washed.  Even if they don't take it well, they cost $1 plus paint so not this great loss.


A fun weekend was had and now I'm trying to get enough gumption to make it through a three day week.

No comments:

Post a Comment