Sunday, November 17, 2013

Barbra Park



Tonight I found out some sad news.  Barbara Park, the author of the Junie B. Jones series, passed away of ovarian cancer.  This series was published long after I was past the age to be reading them, but Mom read them to Eli and then to cousins.  We would get so tickled at them that Mom couldn't read and I couldn't breathe.  Kids thought they were good, but we thought they were a riot!  Park perfectly captured that 6 year old voice.

I'm sad that there will be no new books.  I hate to hear that she lost her battle to cancer when she should have still had more years of writing (she was 66).  I hope Mrs. Park knew how beloved her character was and I hope she was immensely proud of her legacy.

Now I really want to go read about Junie B.'s teachers' taking deep breaths and counting to 10 and mean ol' May and Richie Lucille.  Such cute, funny stories.  Rest in peace Barbra Park.


No comments:

Post a Comment