Sunday, November 4, 2012

Operation Christmas Child '12

Amazingly, it is time for Operation Christmas Child again.  I can't believe a year has passed as quickly as it has.  It seems like we were just celebrating the holidays a few months ago.  This is already my second married Christmas!  Craziness!

Josh and I went to Wal-Mart on Saturday and got all the goodies for our boxes.  It really is one of the happiest parts of the Christmas season.  I really really really REALLY wish I could go with Samaritan's Purse and distribute the gifts.  I applied one year but I didn't get chosen.  Of course, I was about 16 so maybe it was an age thing.  Anyway, with further ado, here are our boxes.

I did a 5-9 year old girl box.  I bet you could figure out that it was a girl box by all the pink, huh?  You are so smart!


My favorite part was this Lego set.  When I picked it up I saw the chalkboard and thought it was a classroom and Olivia was a teacher, but it is SO much cooler than that.  She's a scientist.  Her board has vectors on it.  She has a microscope and a robot.  Yay for science!  I was pretty excited when I saw the microscope!  I wish I got to sit down and play with the little girl who gets this.  I would be all over building her lab bench, like white on rice.


This is Josh's box.  His is for a 5-9 year old boy, but is probably best for a boy on the low end of that scale. That teddy bear is the softest thing I've ever felt.  Josh says he doesn't get into the shoeboxes that much, but I went to put back that bear because he wouldn't fit in my box, Josh grabbed him and said little boys needed bears for comfort too.  Then there was the Thomas section of the aisle, oh my goodness.  He has a happy place in heart for all things train related.


Josh also got his kid a Lego set.  It's a monster truck racer.  It looks way cool and I don't even care for Legos that much.  I hope the boy that gets his box has an older brother who can enjoy building it with him.


Those were our boxes.  I don't feel like mine was as awesome as last year, but still pretty good.  I hope the kids who get them absolutely love them!  If you haven't done a box, please consider it.  There is still time.  Here is the link to Samaritan's Purse to read about their ministry and think about whether you would like to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment