Saturday, November 24, 2012

Little Women

Tonight I am watching a Lifetime movie about the March sisters at Christmas.  It's a bit cheesy because it's Lifetime and they have the need to lay it on THICK.  But I so dearly love the story of Little Women that I don't even care.  Here is the cast of the movie.


When I was a little girl, I wanted nothing more than to grow up to be Jo March.  She was so independent.  And she was near fearless when it came to getting what she wanted.  I have been every other March sister.  I am naturally Beth.  I'm quite and shy.  Sometimes I felt like her, I just wanted to curl up in my mom's house and hide from the world.  Sometimes I have felt like Amy, a little whiny, a little selfish.  Now, I feel like Meg.  I'm a wife, a homemaker, pretty sensible.  But I still want to be Jo.  I still want her confidence and talent and joie de vivre.  Maybe I will still become Jo.  :)



P.S.  The Lifetime movie lacks the emotional depth of either the 97(ish) version or the 34(ish) version, but it is still cute.  A little holiday cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment