Thursday, November 8, 2012

Flowers and Dr. Who=One Happy Birthday Girl

Today is my 24th birthday.  I can't believe I am two dozen years old.  Shew, it seems old just to type haha!  I always think birthdays are fun.  I really like to reflect on what all has happened since my last birthday.  Josh and I have celebrated our first Christmas in our house, which was my goal for our first year of marriage, we embarked on several major house projects, and Josh quit his job and went back to school.  That's quite a bit.  I'm anxious to see what happens this year!

My coworkers got me a massive cupcake.  It was pumpkin spice flavored and so incredibly sweet.  I'm pretty sure my sugar is about 500 tonight lol!  Then we all took a cupcake break.  I feel that every week should include a cupcake break.  Am I right?

Josh gave me my presents today.  When I woke up he had a great big vase of Beautiful flowers on my kitchen table.  Here are some close-ups.  The colors are just wonderful, so vibrant.



Josh got me two presents, a gift card for books from Amazon and all the David Tennant episodes of Dr. Who.  I was way way excited!  There are a blue million special features; there are something like 2000 minutes of show+special features.  It's almost enough to make you want a couple of sick days!  We are going to eat German on Saturday to finish my birthday season.


P.S.  Now that I'm looking and thinking about those flowers again, I'm wondering about drying them.  Does anyone have a great way to dry flowers?  Mom dried my wedding bouquet just by pressing in heavy books. They are preserved, but didn't retain as much of their color as I would love.  Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment