Monday, November 26, 2012

Busy December Ahead!

I am excited about December.  I love this time of the year.  It's just so very festive.  This year in particular there is a lot going on.

First, I am hosting my best friend's bachelorette party.  I love to host a party.  Well, I love to plan a party and then the day of I completely freak out about the food not being good enough and the house not being nice enough.  Once people start showing up though, I chill a bit and can enjoy it.  I started my fall cleaning today so the house will be nice.  I cleaned the doors.  Really.  Because obviously someone is going to take a white gloved finger and run it over the panels of my doors.  I roll my eyes at myself.  All I know is that my mom taught me that the house wasn't truly clean without the details, like doors.  So be it and amen.

Then Josh is taking me to the Nutcracker cause he loves me so.  I don't know what really prompted him to say we should go to the Nutcracker since he was Not a fan last year (to put it mildly).

Then I am going shopping with my old church to get gifts for children who wouldn't otherwise have a Christmas.  Mom and I have done this the past two years and it is an absolute BLAST!  It's a bit like doing the Operation Christmas Child shopping, but you don't have the size constraints of a shoe box.

The next weekend is our Sunday School's get together.  I enjoy getting together with our SS class.  There is usually a lot of laughter and good fellowship.

The next day is Eli's graduation party.  We feel a little confused about what Class he actually is.  He graduates in December of '12, but the rest of his class graduates in '13.  Shrug, it doesn't really matter so long as you get a diploma.
Finally, of course, there is the actual holiday.  There will be lots of family time and bunches of great food.  I can't wait to give Josh his Christmas present.  We do not keep secrets from each other very well so we are dying to give each other our gifts early haha.



Wow that's a lot of things going on!  It's going to be a good month and a lot of blog fodder.  Prepare to be swamped by pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment