Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday, It Was Late And Black Outside

Did you shop til you dropped?  Golly gee I did!  Mom and I started at 10 pm and I finally hit bed at 6:15 am.  Wal-Mart was INSANE!!!  Seriously.  I was standing in line waiting for a gift and then suddenly there was this Awful screeching and tearing and breaking of glass because it was time for the pallets to be unwrapped.  If I hadn't known what the cause was, it would have been pretty frightening.  I stood there and contemplated how I was buying stuff for people who didn't need them, to store where they don't have room.  It was a cheery thought process.  Then I switched with Mom and clustered around another pallet where I was nearly choked to death in pursuit of this gift.  Then the gift was then thrown and hit me in the face.  It was a hard fought battle but we got everything we wanted.

I got Rubbermaid and a chopper cause my chopper broke earlier this year and my Rubbermaid is like my socks and has completely disappeared.  I don't understand it.  I have the lids, I don't have the dishes.


I also got a candle at Bath and Body Works because I LOVE the Slatkin & Co candles.  They smell so strongly.  My house smells yummy.  It was a two fer deal so I picked Mom one up too.  Everyone in Bath and Body seemed very frazzled.  I mean Wal-Mart and Target were Cah-Rah-Azy, but the B&BW people seemed way more harried.  I wanted everyone to have a chill pill.


Then I got a tree at Kmart.  It was on sale (not surprising, as it was Day After).  I have a grand total of four ornaments so I have written to a dear friend of mine in hopes that she is in town and we can go to Hobby Lobby.  Do you love Hobby Lobby?  More of a Michael's person?  WHY are ornaments so expensive?!  Anyway, I have to choose a color palette before I buy.  I still can't decide what colors to go with.  I like the blue and silver but the red and gold is more festive.  This isn't that big of a deal so I don't know why I can't decide.  Eye roll at my lack of decision making.  It's pre-lit.  I've never had a pre-lit tree so I'm anxious to see how that works out.


Finally, I found this extremely amusing at all hours.  I mean, I get it and all, but still "butt paste" is a funny phrase.  Say it once out loud (but quietly if others are around).  You smiled didn't you?  I figured so.  :)


Final word on the subject:  If you have to wear a mask to be safe around the common populace, Black Friday probably isn't the best day for you to shop.  Also, PLEASE for all that is good and holy, bathe before you come out.  Everyone is in such tight spaces that any BO just seems magnified like 3 fold.  It was a little rough.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted one of those choppers! My mom went and they were out. Sad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer! I'm so sorry! On the plus side, last year they were like $5 and this year I think they were $2.48, so next year they will be giving you money to take them off their hands.

    ReplyDelete