Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Confessions
I have an obsession. It's severe. I am In LOVE with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I've been excited about it all week. It's almost here!
1. I know what time the parade starts but I can't sleep on Thanksgiving morning because I am so excited. I get up at like 7 and wait with baited (bated? I forget which one, who really cares raise their hand...no one...great, moving on) breath in front of the tv.
2. I want to be as close as possible to the screen so I can be as close to the action as the pixels will possibly allow. I honestly sit in the floor. I have a great couch, it So does not cut it for the parade.
3. At Thanksgiving I RUN to get clothes and makeup and put them on in front of the tv. If you have seen me run then you understand why this is a big deal and very laughable.
4. I can't just watch it on one channel. I watch Channel 5 and Channel 11.
5. I do not leave before Santa comes by, even though lunch has started by the time I get to Mamaw's.
6. Every year at the end I say "Next in New York, next year at the parade" with all the reverence that a Jew says "Next year in Jerusalem, next year in the Holy Land". One day I will go...it will happen!
I hope you are as excited as I am about the parade!