Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Confessions


I have an obsession.  It's severe.  I am In LOVE with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  I've been excited about it all week.  It's almost here! 

1.  I know what time the parade starts but I can't sleep on Thanksgiving morning because I am so excited.  I get up at like 7 and wait with baited (bated?  I forget which one, who really cares raise their hand...no one...great, moving on) breath in front of the tv. 
2.  I want to be as close as possible to the screen so I can be as close to the action as the pixels will possibly allow.  I honestly sit in the floor.  I have a great couch, it So does not cut it for the parade. 
3.  At Thanksgiving I RUN to get clothes and makeup and put them on in front of the tv.  If you have seen me run then you understand why this is a big deal and very laughable. 
4.  I can't just watch it on one channel.  I watch Channel 5 and Channel 11. 
5.  I do not leave before Santa comes by, even though lunch has started by the time I get to Mamaw's.
6.  Every year at the end I say "Next in New York, next year at the parade" with all the reverence that a Jew says "Next year in Jerusalem, next year in the Holy Land".  One day I will go...it will happen!

I hope you are as excited as I am about the parade! 

No comments:

Post a Comment