Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Award Acceptance

The winner of this year's Cleanest Stove Top goes to...SIERRA!!!  Roaring applause 



Oh My Gosh!  Thank you so much!  I...I was just  not expecting this.  It's just...such a shock.


I mean, wow, I didn't expect this to be such an emotional experience.  Sniff, sniff, WAIL!!!  I'm just so HAPPY!!!


I'd like to take this opportunity to thank so many without whom this award would  not have been possible.  First, I'd like to thank my husband, who stood next to me and stared at the offending and dirty stove top and tried to think how we could get the black and brown and assorted stain colors off.  I'd like to thank my mother, who taught me everything I know about cleaning.  She encouraged me to never let a stain beat me.  I'd like to take a moment to remember some that gave their all in the effort to achieve this:  my fingernails.  Some nails sacrificed their very life to make my stove top as clean as it.  Their efforts will be remembered with great affection.  Finally, and most importantly, I'd like to thank Arm and Hammer for the production of some truly fine baking soda, without which I would not be standing before you accepting this beautiful statue. 

Next year, I'm taking the oven cleaning award too suckas!


If you didn't catch on, I accomplished a great feat today.  I got my eyeless stove top cleaned.  It had been hounding me for weeks, beating me at every attempt.  Today, I bested it.  If you didn't catch my enthusiasm, I'd be happy to try to compose a little song and dance number about it.

Finally, thank you to all my wonderful blog readers, whom read my drivel and even laugh at it!

Happy Thanksgiving one and all, may all your stove tops be clean!  (But not as clean as mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment