Friday, November 18, 2011

Dogs Should Be Seen Not Heard

Have you seen the new Hallmark commercial?  Take a second or 33 and watch.  I'll wait.  Hum, hum, hum, waiting.


Would you like to take a guess about what bothers me about this commercial?  I'll tell you; it's the phrase "Storytime isn't for reading".  Say huh??  I tend to watch tv out of the corner of my eye and at first I thought, kind of annoying dog cause he keeps barking and interrupting but cute stuffed animal overall.  Then I paid more attention.  I honestly am having a hard time putting into words how much this even bothers me and why.  Storytime IS about reading!  Why does reading get such a look-down-the-nose-treatment??  Sitting and reading isn't bad.  That little girl was into before the stupid dog starting yapping.  She was for storytime without the battery powered extras.  The whole thing just blew me away.  And I think story time is most written as two words.  Harrumph!

P.S.  I just realized I write about reading a lot.  Sorry.  I like reading.  It's a part of my life :)

1 comment:

  1. It is fantastic that this mom found a way to NEVER AGAIN get a full night sleep without her kid crawing into her bed in the middle of the night. Yeah, stage some more things that suprisingly make noise at your child when they are relaxed, safe and cozy in bed....Do they have a yetti for the closet?? Big seller I bet.

    ReplyDelete