Friday, April 12, 2013

The Socks Are Ending the World

Today I went shopping for socks because, well... this

 I love brightly colored socks and I found these on sale.  I was Just about to buy them when I noticed.  Do you see what the problem is?


They don't match.  They are six mismatched socks.  What is the world coming to when we are too lazy to be bothered with matching socks!  It boggles the mind.  Wouldn't the wearers being worried about wrecking in them?  My Momma always told me if I was wearing dirty underwear and wrecked then the EMS wouldn't help me.  Can't you just see that?  Horrible car wreck, before the injured person is taken from the car the first responder notices the person's socks are mismatched:  "Uh, sir, I don't think we should hurry with this one, this is obviously natural selection at work.  The socks aren't even matched."  

I think it just really hurts my OCD or a genius plan to make "normal" people buy two packs of socks in the hope of actually making a pair.  Don't buy into their messed up worldview where either matching doesn't matter of they are milking you for money!  Buy regular socks!

1 comment:

  1. My sister NEVER matches her socks and it drives me crazy. Lol although I did see a meme the other day that said "Life is too short to waste time matching socks"..so maybe we're the silly ones. ;) either way my socks will always match. Haha

    ReplyDelete