Friday, January 27, 2012

52 Weeks Ago Today...

I had been married for three and a half hours!  Time is funny isn't it?  It feels like I've been with Josh forever.  I can't remember what I did with my time before my life stopped to watch Holmes on Homes or before I had someone to put my cold feet on.  At the same time the year has flown by and I can't believe it is already our first anniversary.  It seems like we have done a lot of living in the past year, honeymooning, moving, new job, etc.

I have to take this opportunity to talk about what I've learned in this first year and how awesome my husband is.  Josh and I got married nine months after we started dating so we were almost strangers, but we knew immediately knew that we were meant for each other so we jumped!  I didn't know that Josh wouldn't eat grapes if they weren't refrigerated.  I really didn't know anything about being a wife!  Here is a little secret about me:  I am basically a selfish person.  I don't mean to be and I work at not being, but I like things my way.  I like things in my timeline.  This year I have had to begin to learn to put some of that selfishness aside to accommodate Josh.  I think I'll probably spend the rest of my life learning to not be selfish but it's all cool, what else have I got to do?  Definitely the hardest thing has been to try and decide where I am supposed to be submissive and how much opinion to give.  I know, I know it isn't a popular viewpoint to hold.  You don't have to agree.  Submission doesn't come naturally to me!  Part of that selfishness I guess.  I'll probably be working on that til I die as well.

I have learned other things too.  I've learned to cook.  I cooked very little before I got married besides occasionally baking.  I've had some interesting mistakes but overall we haven't starved and I actually enjoy messing around in the kitchen when have the time.  I've learned how similar Josh and I are in the way we think about life stuff but so very different in the things we are really passionate about.  I learned that I could be a "toucher".  I HATE to be touched as a general rule but with Josh, nothing makes me feel better than to come home from a crappy day and let him hold me.  In the night I find that sometimes if I've had a bad dream I'll reach over in my sleep to feel for him, just to know he's there to protect me.  I've also learned that my husband sometimes stops breathing in his sleep which causes me to wake up and jump such that my fingernails implant in the ceiling.  After I get them out I stir him so he'll breathe.  I'll probably spend the rest of his life doing that.

I am so blessed to have the husband that I do.  He takes incredible care of me.  He thinks I'm pretty with no makeup on.  He has grown too this year.  He is really taking to the whole husband thing.  He makes me feel like the Wonder Woman to his Superman!  And did I mention he is Hot?!?  Cause he is!

Here are some pictures of our super small wedding and a picture of the rose Josh got me.  One rose for one year.  He also wrote me a few pages about what all we've done this year.  It's a chapter of our life.  He says he'll write me one every year so we will basically have a book of our life.









2 comments:

  1. Happy happy happy anniversary!! :) I hope you have many many more wonderful years together!

    ReplyDelete