Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekends Are Delicious

I love weekends.  I mean this isn't really news, who doesn't love weekends.  May is the new December in that May is pretty much as busy as December.  This May I have graduation, two graduation parties/get togethers, a wedding, a class, and a bachelorette party.  Shew.  This is from the girl who is the equivalent of a social ostrich (instead of a social butterfly, ya see?  The whole head in the sand thing?).  This was our "free" weekend.  Josh is off for a week, lucky dog so we actually got to spend time together!  First we did Chop House with my family to celebrate Josh's graduation.  They got him six seasons of House, MD.  We've already watched an entire season.  I keep having to backspace and retype cause I'm distracted by watching.

After dinner we went shopping.  I had a coupon to Bed, Bath & Beyond that was going to expire soon.  I love coupons. I love BB&B.  It's a great time.  I got a pizza cutter, four martini glasses, and a tart (you know the smell good kind) for $13!  Not only did I have a coupon, every single one of those things was on sale.  AND I found a gift card left over from wedding gifts so everything was actually free.  AND the gift card was for more than I thought.  Happy Day!!!  Then we went to PetSmart to see if there was anything softy to pet.  There wasn't.  Then we went to Barnes and Noble where I got the above pink leather bound Alice in Wonderland.  Josh made margaritas to fill up our new glasses lol.  That's the stack of books I wanted to read this weekend.  So far I haven't made much progress because Gregory House needs my impressive diagnostic skills.

 
See these beauties?  I got them all at the farmer's market.  Less than $5.  Woo hoo!  I'm going to grill the cabbage and onion and saute the peppers.  The oregano will go in lots of stuff.  I'm pretty darn excited!  Then Josh and I went walking and got caught in the rain, played Monopoly and Rummy, and watched more House (that poor man just can't diagnose anything without our help).  Josh beat me in Monopoly which was a great sadness cause well I love to win.  Oh well.  Next time I'll get him :)  By the way for those of you who don't know, I collect Monopolies. I have more than thirty kinds.  This was Monopoly Connect where you connect the pieces (clever name huh?) to make the board.  In a green effort, the game has environmental hazards and bonus buildings to help combat the hazards.  A little weird.  Not my favorite version, but that could be because I lost, blush.  It was pretty much an awesome weekend.  I'm glad it was restful.  

I hope your weekend was equally as good!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend!!! You deserve it!FYI! Keep your expired BB&B coupons! They will always take them! I used one last week that was a couple of years old! :)

    ReplyDelete