Sunday, September 30, 2012

It's About to Get Geeky Up in Here

So I have exciting news...Josh and I are going to our first con, AdventureCon!  I'm really excited!  My geekiness has budded and is blooming into a TARDIS blue colored loveliness lol.  Another reason I am excited is that we are going with friends.  I love having friends!  Josh and I am so shy that friends can be difficult to obtain.

Naturally, we are going to dress up.  I mean, duh, if you're going to do it, go all the way right?  The thing is, the con is in just a couple weeks so we don't have a lot of time to make truly epic costumes.  Josh is going to be the 11th Doctor because it is an easy costume, tweed coat, suspenders, bowtie, slacks.  Simple simple.   


The problem is my costume.  My first thought was to go as Amy Pond, the 11th Doctor's companion.  Her look is just so contemporary that no one would really know I was dressed up.  Plus there is a part of me that wants to be a little more...ambitious.




I really like the Alice in Wonderland look from the newer movie.  I think I could rig up some sort of Star Trek uniform (not in red preferably, the red dressed people tend to be rather disposable lol).  What I would Really like to do is to do one of these vintage Disney dresses.  I read a tutorial on using a couple of old prom dresses to make something of the like and I'd like to do it.  When I first saw this on Pinterest I was immediately struck by how cool it would be to cosplay it.  Of course, on the downside, no one would know immediately who you were supposed to be.  Decisions, decisions.  I need opinions.  Hit me with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment