Saturday, July 23, 2011

Have You Been to the Mall Lately?

Josh, Eli, and I went to the final Harry Potter movie this week.  It was Amazing!  I did start crying when Lavender Brown died and didn't stop until Harry came back from the dead.  I do not cry pretty so I was super glad no one could see besides Josh who was laughing at me.  And let me just say, if I were going to Hogwarts I would have skipped over Harry entirely and gone straight for Neville because he is one good looking man.  Mmhm, true story.

Anyway, the movie theater is in the mall.  I am amazed at what some people will put on and then go out of the house in.  I was only in the mall for about 15 minutes before hitting the theater but in that time I saw:
-a 16-ish year old girl wearing short shorts so short (say that three times fast) that the pockets were longer than the material covering her legs.  Really?  Because having the shorts just two maybe three inches longer would have cramped her sex appeal too much?  If ever I have a daughter and you see her wearing something with That much skin showing, wrap her in a towel and bring her straight home.
-I don't think skinny jeans are a good look.  Apparently a lot of people like them but I think it draws the eyes to the thighs and I definitely Don't need attention there!  I'm also not a huge fan of colored jeans just because they fade with time and you can tell worse than you can with denim and because they look like a revival of the 80s and if I'm picking a decade to dress like I'd rather do the 40s or 50s.  That said, I don't think anyone thinks that purple skinny jeans and a robin's egg blue t-shirt looks good.  Except for the 18 year old guy I saw wearing them.  Not a great look.  He was definitely easy to find in a crowd though and maybe that's what he was going for.
-It is rarely appropriate to go out in public without a bra (if you're a woman of course, if you're a man it is rarely never appropriate to go out in a bra).  There is that occasion when your shirt has a built in bra but that is a different category, I'm talkin' letting the girls hang out.  If you are 21 and 5'9" and 115 pounds maybe you get by not wearing a bra, but if you are 45 and haven't had major plastic surgery you should wear appropriate undergarments.  This woman was in a halter top with Major Major cleavage and since her girls were somewhat past their prime the cleavage went down to her navel.  It wasn't a pretty sight.  Gravity happens, get plastic surgery if you have the moola to spare or buy a great bra, but by all  means Wear a Bra in PUBLIC!

I was glad when I was in the theater and my eyeballs were no longer being assaulted by moments of  "Did they look in the mirror before they left and think this was a good look?" instead I soaked up Neville Longbottom's heroics and enjoyed the last movie.  Final word on the subject:  Wear Clothes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment