Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sweatin' to the Oldies

You know those comics that are He said/she heard or vice versa?  Josh and I definitely had one of those moments.  We were sitting on the couch talking about needing to diet and exercise and I said that I had heard good things about P90X and we should think about doing that.  Now what I meant by that was "we should live vicariously through some other thin, fit person while we sit on the couch and eat Oreos".  What Josh heard was "we should do P90X".  Men!  How did he get that out of that statement?  ;)

After Josh finished up school we decided we were ready to start on this "adventure".  Last night was the first night.  Before I tell you how it went let me tell you about my normal day:  I sit at my desk, I sit at the biosafety cabinet, I stand at the stove, I sit on the couch, I lay in the bed.  I know it's sedentary but I like that life lol!  So now, from that information, how do You think that my exercising went?  Yeah, it went THAT well.  I have all the upper body strength of a newborn puppy, the really newborn kind with eyes that still aren't opened.  The first night was chest and back.  I was using two BBQ bottles as weights (Mom used to use cans while working with Richard Simmons, I grew up to be just like her lol) while the guy on tv lifted 45 pounds and talked about it being "too light".  Josh yelled at the tv a little.  Tonight was legs.  Seriously, I kicked more tonight than a stinking Rockette at the Macy's Parade.

Josh and I are definitely having to encourage one another.  By the end encouragement is slim because we are both gasping for any oxygen we could force into our lungs.  It doesn't help that due to poor design our den is hotter than the rest of the house.  People talk about hitting a wall in exercise, but let me tell you, this is toiling through waist high rubble.

I will definitely be keeping you posted on how this works out!  Heh heh, works out, exercise, so punny.  Well, if I don't stop breathing and collapse and die!

No comments:

Post a Comment