Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I'm Going to Become Samson

Let's chat. I'm married, you know that.  I love Josh more than I ever thought I could love anyone. Our marriage is different than anyone else's. That is a basic principle of a relationship, be it marriage or dating, it is specific to the people in it.

That was the preface to this rant. What in the name of all that is good is something doing weighing in on the dynamic of my marriage??  As I'm typing this I wonder if I've written this before. I honestly might have, I'm this far in on the iPad so I'm finishing. There is this woman I know who feels the need to give her opinion. I like to consider Josh's thoughts in how I cut my hair. It's on my head so I don't see it that much, but Josh sees it. I like to think about what Josh likes. He will think I'm pretty no matter what, but I know he thinks my hair looks nice one way or another.

This Kills me! Not her place!  If I want to ask Josh, that's my business. Grrr, just irks me. I don't want to give my thoughts on someone else's marriage unless they ask for it specifically because I don't know everything about them, about how they work, how they interact, etc. I know that a lot of women who are very much "My body, my business!"  That's fine, that's cool, that's just not me. I think that my marriage vows make my body not entirely my own.

Okay that's all. Now I'm going to stop. I'll figure out what I want to do with my hair and ill ask Josh what he thinks because I value his opinion so there!

No comments:

Post a Comment