Friday, February 1, 2013

First Chiropractor Visit

Today I went to the chiropractor for the first time.  Oh my goodness.  It was glorious.  First the doctor felt my neck and was amazed at all the tension and general badness there.  That doesn't seem like a good thing, but I felt like my pain and discomfort was vindicated by him repeatedly saying "Oh wow, that's really bad."  Then he hooked me up to one of the electroshock thingies like my old physical therapist had.  One of those patches got exactly on a nerve though and it made my shoulder have these repetitive and painful shrugs.  It's a little funny to watch.  Sorry about the triple chins.


Finally, we were just chatting and he was rotating my neck and all of a sudden he broke it off!  Okay, not literally, but it popped about seven times and I thought he broke it off.  Then after the wave of nausea passed I had no headache.  Alleluia, Alleluia, A-ley-luia!  I had had that headache all week and CRACK-gone.  Basically I now have very deep and special feelings for this man because I am terribly fond of anyone who helps me!  Maybe Monday he will break me some more and keep the headaches at bay!

2 comments:

  1. I know a lot of people who felt awkward with their first appointment because of all the questions, weird exercises and discomfort after the back cracking. Some take a while to get used to it, especially if there's a lot to fix but so happy to hear that you loved it at the get go. How often do you go to your chiro?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sierra! I’m glad that the visit to your chiro left you feeling glorious, and that you were quite satisfied with the experience. That being said, he popped your neck 7 times? I might be scared as well, had that happened to me! But it did take away the headache, right? Glad that it went away! Here’s to seeing more posts from you. Good day!

    Prince Baughman @ EverybodysChiropractic.com

    ReplyDelete