Saturday, February 16, 2013

Already a Fun Weekend

It has already been a good weekend and it isn't even over!  I have to show you guys the neat stuff I got this weekend.

First off, I found a Bed Bath and Beyond gift card at the bottom of my junk drawer.  Super exciting, but yet another reason I hate having a junk drawer-things get lost.  I went to BB&B after my RE appointment on Friday and got this pretty deviled egg plate and tea infuser for a grand, out of pocket, total of $0.16.  Yeah, totally worth it.  I am wanting to host Passover this year and I am going to use that egg plate as a Seder plate.  As Tim Gunn says, "Make it work".


Then I made German Red Cabbage.  It was Delicious!  I used this recipe which was oh so simple.  I love when food is pretty and you have to admit that this is going to look gorgeous on a plate.  Also, did you know the German word for cabbage is kohl?  So is Kohl's the store named after cabbage?  Maybe it's a person's last name, but really Cabbage as a last name is not a great one.  Beats Zit, the last name of someone my friend was telling me about.  These are things my mind dwells on.


Today I went to Knoxville to hang out with my wonderful friend, Bev.  We had more pretty food.  Don't you love sushi?  I do.  This was particularly pretty sushi.  Those smelt eggs on top just make it.  The whole time I was eating though I was mentally singing "the smelt and the sprat, they know where it's at..." from the song Under the Sea from Little Mermaid.  Again, these are the things going on in my mind.  Also had edamame which I think I could eat once a day, every day for the rest of my life.



Then we shopped til we nearly dropped.  I found this cute dress at JCPenney's for $10!  I love a sale!  I was wanting to wear it for Easter, but Josh says it is too revealing?  Please weigh because I didn't think so, but now I'm unsure.  I certainly don't want to look trashy.  I mean there is zero cleavage and it comes almost to my knees.  I don't know.  Thoughts?  


Then Bev and I went to Hobby Lobby which is pretty much our favorite store.  We both got stuff to make spring wreaths.  I can't wait to start on mine!  My door is wreathless and it looks so forlorn and bedraggled   Okay, maybe I'm anthromorphizing, but if that door had emotions, that's what it would be feeling!

I also had Starbucks so I am BUZZING.  Off to work on my wreath, and clean my whole house, and read, and watch tv, and ....

Have a marvelous Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment