Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Bekah's Bachelorette Party

Friday night was Bekah’s bachelorette party.  I didn’t get a ton of pictures because I was busy hosting.  It was really fun!  Naturally, I spent the better part of the week Freaking out that about fifteen people were coming to my house.  I think Josh was considering a tranquilizer gun haha!  In the end, though, everyone liked the house and the food didn’t burn and all was well.
I made Cheddar Tailgating Bread with a recipe that I think I got from tastykitchen.com.  It looked pretty much like this and was tasty!  My only advice on modifying the recipe is to melt some butter and add garlic and really work that melted butter down in the cracks.  I poured melted butter over mine and the top parts of the bread were great, but the bottom was a little more blah. 

We had a scavenger hunt planned for the activity (we also planned to do crafts, but we didn’t get time).  We split up into groups of Church Friends, High School Friends, and Grad School Friends.  I was in the High School Friends group.  That was nice because I got to talk to two girls I hadn’t seen in a long time.  Part of the challenge was to taste the hottest sauce Buffalo Wild Wings has to offer.  Here I am considering the taste.  I look displeased, but it was actually pretty good.

While we were there we got this very nice waitress to carry me over the “threshold” such as it was.  We were both laughing so hard she nearly dropped me.

After we got back and had some cake, Bekah opened presents.  I thought the flannel nightshirt looked the most comfortable, but then I guess that wasn’t really the goal of most of the items ;)

That was Friday night.  Saturday we planned to go out, but I felt like death warmed over from sinus-y junk.  Sunday I went shopping with my home church’s ladies group.  We got a TON of toys for kids that the church is helping out.  So many fun things I wanted to give out and then play with!  I’m already gearing up for this weekend which includes Eli’s graduation party and the Sunday School Christmas Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment