Monday, August 20, 2012

Headed to Rocky Top

So much has gone on in the past little bit.  Josh and I are racing trying to get the kitchen finished.  Our countertops are off, I have no sink.  You have no idea just HOW much you use your kitchen sink until it's gone.  Josh's best friend, Ian, came down this weekend.  Even work has been hectic for both of us.  It's all pretty much been leading up to tomorrow and Wednesday.

Tomorrow is Josh's last day at work and Wednesday is his first day back to college.  We are alternating between excitement and nervousness.  Most of the time we are just a bundle of mixed emotions and slight anxiousness to get started.

Josh will be going for his mechanical engineering degree at UT.  I am so very proud of him for making the decision to go instead of staying at an only okay job and trying to make a career out of it.  We think he will be a lot happier in the long run in engineering.  Still, in the short term it will be hard.  He has five semesters of difficult classes and a long commute in front of him.  I think the most difficult thing of all might be becoming a true Vol, he doesn't understand the concept of your blood running orange and not being a fair weather fan ;)

I'll be here, holding down the home front.  Hmm, that sounds like I should put my hair in pin curls and plant a victory garden haha!  I'm going to take advantage of this public place to say this:  I am COMPLETELY okay with him going back to school and me supporting the both of us for a bit.  We have both gotten a lot of negative comments about me working while he goes back to school.  In the first place, I think that is just part of the give and take of marriage, sometimes you have can't split everything right down the middle.  Josh will be working super hard at what he's doing, even though it won't be bringing it income.  In the second place, it isn't completely selfless.  Josh and I want me to have the ability to stay home with the kids we eventually want to have.  An engineering job would allow this much more comfortably than the job he did have (weird to say that in the past tense!).

Send up a quick prayer for us as we start this.  Most especially pray that Josh is safe driving to and from school.  He has a tendency to fall asleep in a rhythmically moving, quiet car.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes.  Also I hope to post pictures of our new counter tops very soon (hopefully this week, crossing fingers, toes, legs, and anything else I can cross, it's even better than a yoga pose!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment