Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Flowers Die But Books Are Forever


My husband loves me.  He also really knows me.  Together these two facts resulted in this wonderful set of books coming to live with me.  I am mildly obsessed with this series (the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon if you couldn't tell).  I get super super absorbed in the books.  Josh makes a tiny bit of fun of me because he will be talking and talking and I will just be grunting in acknowledgement.  My excuse is that it takes a while to emerge from 18th century Scotland.  Besides, if I don't read quickly Claire and Jamie might die!  Their very fictional lives depend on me reading at a good clip! 

Anyway, I digress.  Josh got me this entire series on Amazon at a fairly amazing deal.  He almost managed to surprise me with them too.  Josh Cannot keep secrets from me! I've known for months what my birthday present is because he just can't stand to have something exciting to tell me but not be able to.  He only told me one day before these arrived that they were coming. I was very proud of his endurance lol.  I am super duper excited to finish the series so you may not hear from me until these are complete.  Not really, even in great books I don't like to read them back to back. 

So, that's just me bragging on how awesome my husband is.  He knows to get books instead of flowers AND he gets me the WHOLE series.  I know, I know, you're jealous.  But if it makes you feel better you can borrow my books so long as you don't open them all the way and crack the spines.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment