Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy Week!

It's been a good week.  I Love good weeks!  Here is a recap of happy things that happened this week.

1.  I got this pretty ornament as a belated wedding present from a woman at my church.  Oh darn!  I have to write her a thank you note.  Pause here while I "take note" of that.  If you can't see, it says Our First Christmas, 2011.  If that isn't so sweet you could gag then I don't know what is!



2.  Josh was offered and accepted a job!  Super exciting news!  Income is a great thing.  He is actually going to be working in my building so we could even carpool and be all green and that jazz.  Woo hoo for a new job!

3.  All of my many tests were finally covered by insurance.  Such a blessing!  Many thanks to the woman in the doctor's office who kept calling and calling and, you guessed it, calling the insurance people, cause she is just that dedicated to her job.

4.  I have pretty much discovered my purpose in life.  I know, it was a big deal.  I am meant to be a land yachter.  If you don't know what that is, here is a picture: 

I saw it on Storage Wars when Barry Weiss found one.  It's pretty much amazing.  I want to try.  Plus, in the US it tends to be done in the desert (at least that is what I understand) and that has the added bonus of being a dry heat.  If you have seen me, you understand that my hair needs this.  Seriously, my hair has expanded so much that I think it is going to develop a mind of its own.  Really.

5.  I got to see an old friend and that's always fun.  I hadn't seen her in almost a year so we had tons to talk about.

6.  I am reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett because I thought the movie previews looked good.  (Side note:  Please, ALWAYS read the book before seeing the movie.  This goes for any book/movie.  You are doing yourself a favor.)  Anyway, it's so incredibly good!  The best book I've read since the Liz Cutris Higgs book I wrote about awhile back.



That was my week!  I hope yours was equally good!

No comments:

Post a Comment