Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Various and Sundry Items

My brother came to stay with us last weekend while my parents went to Gatlinburg.  The three of us, Josh, Eli, and me, got them a cabin for a weekend as their Christmas present.  I don't know if you can tell from this picture but my dearest brother, besides being muscular, isn't the cleanest person you will ever meet.  In fact, sometimes he's down right grungy.  So explain to me why, hours before he arrived at my house, I was bleaching my shower curtain.  He didn't use the shower.  He didn't even go in that bathroom, yet I felt it was important that my house be totally clean for him to be here.  This is the same child to whom Mom would say "clear a path to your bed" every night throughout his whole childhood because there were always army men, BBs, or magnets in the floor.  I know he's messy.  I know he could care less what my house looks like, but I still mopped the floors (I started with the excuse "Well what if he had to puke?  He'd need a clean floor to puke from."  Truly that was the thought process.)  I think I have some neuroses that would benefit from therapy.


Is Valentine's Day making you crazy?  It's making me insane.  I think I'll devote a whole post to it next week, but let me just say now while it is weighing on me...roses should NOT increase in price because it happens to be the 14th of the month.  Furthermore, a smart man would wait til the 16th when the leftovers were on sale and get his wife/girlfriend flowers then because besides being in her good graces because he got her flowers he saved money at the same time.  Heck ya!  In honor of this silly holiday however I have posed a poll question that you should answer cause polls are fun.

Finally, I got the Liebster blog award from my friend Lindsey Jo over at A Cup of Lindsey Jo!  Awww, it made my heart smile :).  I'm easy to please.  Anyway, now I am supposed to continue this by picking my favorite five blogs with less than 200 followers (heck, I'd be happy to have 20!).  In no particular order these are some of my favs.:

-The Slow Life by Miss Erica.  I went to school with her and her hubby forever and we were even pretty close.  Now of course, life gets in the way of ever actually seeing them, so reading her blog is kind of like a visit in a totally stalker-ish way.

-Adventures of Me by Miss Tiffany.  I went to high school with her too.  Her blog makes you feel really bad about yourself and really good about yourself at the same time.  Bad cause it makes me realize all the ways I should be a better Christian, but good cause it makes you think about how much God loves you and it's just a fun read.

-Suburban Matron whom I've never met but is Hilarious!  Mom sent me the link to her blog one day at work and I was pretty much hooked.  I don't know, somehow the woman who writes this blog and I have the same sense of humor or something cause I roll reading her posts.

-Reading Rosie because she lives at the library and knows Everything!  Really, Miss Rosie does work at the library and she is a friend of mine and she reads good stuff that occasionally she blogs about.

-Dang it!  I had a 5th and I have completely forgotten which blog it was.  Let me get back to you on that.

If your blog was listed, follow these rules:


Liebster in German means dearest, beloved, or favorite, 
and it is for bloggers with under 200 followers!

Rules of the Game:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & paste the blog award on your blog.
4. Reveal your 5 blog picks.
5. Let them know you chose them by leaving a comment on their blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment