Saturday, April 16, 2011

Wal-Mart: Bane of My Existence

I hate Wal-Mart.  I really do.  I hate it more and more as I get older.  Do you know what I love about blogging?  I get to tell everyone the reasons I hate Wal-Mart (among other things)!

-There is never anywhere to park.  You have to park in the back 40 every single time you go.

-People stroll through the aisles.  Do they not have anything better to do???  Why are they standing in the very middle of the aisle just staring?  I come to Wal-Mart with a list, with a purpose.  You better get out of my way!  I will flat out run you over with my buggy and I don't even really feel badly about it.  If you are standing in the way chit chatting with your second cousin's neighbor's dog sitter, you deserve to be run over by my cart.  Okay maybe you don't deserve it, but I am still going to give you a nasty look.

-There are too many options.  I'm not a good decision maker, I'll admit it.  I really don't need an 25 different kinds of ketchup and 30 kinds of spaghetti sauce.  It makes me wish briefly that I lived in a Communist country where decisions are made by the government.  It really is insane.  I'd rather they had more variety of fruit and veggies than one more brand of white bread.

Deep calming breaths.  In…out…in…out.  I have seriously developed a phobia of going to Wal-Mart.  The crowds freak me out, I accidentally told a woman she was slow and had a mullet today (oops), the checkout lines make me so impatient and frustrated that I want to scream, etc. etc. etc.  Thankfully I have only gone to Wal-Mart three times since I got married, so once a month I think I can do it. 

By the way, if you are bored and killing time you should go to http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ .  Just hundreds of reasons to avoid Wal-Mart.  Besides a new report just came out that says Target has less expensive stuff anyway and it doesn’t freak me out as much!

1 comment:

  1. FYI, you can get a Target Red Card that is attatched to your checking account. You use it just like your debit card, and will get 5% off of every transaction. Just take in a personal check to get signed up. You also get 5 cents off for every re-usable bag you use. They are giving away free re-usable bags made like a messenger bag on Earth Day. :) Obviously, I look for reasons to shop at Target instead of Wal-Mart at every possible chance.

    ReplyDelete